that Zooey Deschanel goes GLAMOUR girl
Who doesn’t like [new girl] Zooey Deschanel.. the (33 year old) actress has a great set of pipes- and that’s not all. The new cover girl is not the “adorkable” goof we thought, with (3) Golden Globe and (5) Emmy nods, and a Grammy Award nomination- she knows where she is going. Photographed by Ellen von Unwerth, Deschanel is the star of the front and back covers for the Glamour February “hair-flip” issue. Here are little bits from her interview and a glimpse at the fab fashion shots.
On being seen as an oddly controversial figure to some women and her critics…
Zooey Deschanel: “I’m just being myself. There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can’t be feminine and be feminists and be successful? I want to be a f–king feminist and wear a f–king Peter Pan collar. So f–king what?”
On if she feels pressure to look a certain way…
“I don’t. But actresses have definitely gotten thinner over the course of my lifetime. Women I admired growing up— Debra Winger, Diane Keaton, Meryl Streep—were all beautiful and thin, but not too thin. There are a lot of actresses who are unhealthy-skinny—much, much too skinny. You can’t Pilates to that. I’m a very small person, and if I lost 15 pounds, I’d look like them; it’s scary. For young girls, what does that say? You need to look this way to be successful? That’s not true. You do not need to look or be anorexic to be successful in Hollywood. The range of what’s acceptable is larger than what people believe.”
This funny and talented gal has a knack for fashion, and she’s quite adorable too! The February issue of Glamour will be out on news-stands beginning early January. As fans of Deschanel, we’re loving the smarty personality gone fashionable- especially in the blue Oscar dress. wow. Commentary by Sarah Freiseis. See more Zooey here, read the full interview in Glamour February Issue.
Photos: Ellen von Unwerth
· Cover- Prabal Gurung dress, Louis Vuitton necklace, Phillips House gold and diamond bracelet and Juliet & Company charm bracelet.
· Photo 1- Oscar de la Renta dress, Repetto flats, Phillips House gold and diamond bracelet and Juliet & Company charm bracelet.
· Photo 2- (Black and white) Zooey with model Justin Gaston wearing What Comes Around Goes Around boots and vintage belt.
· Photo 3- Balmain dress, Louis Vuitton earrings, Falke tights, What Goes Around Comes Around boots and Phillips House gold and diamond bracelet, Juliet & Company charm bracelet.
· Photo 4- John Rocha bustier, Rochas skirt, L.L Bean belt, Manolo Blahnik pumps and Phillips House gold and diamond bracelet, Juliet & Company charm bracelet.