wear PASTELS this Spring
Pastels are making a strong comeback this spring after a long break from the world of fashion. Stow away the somber tones of winter and put on some fresh and feminine pastels. Though usually scorned by designers and fashionistas, this season pastels are proving their worth on the catwalks and fashion magazines. Don’t worry if Easter colors in all their glory aren’t your thing, pastels can be worn in several ways. Here are some styling tips to work the pale palette into your wardrobe for a few seasons. | FashionDailyMag fashion in LUXchic.
- To start off, go easy on the peaches-and-cream and wear a single pastel colored garment or accessory with neutral colors for company. Pastels blend seamlessly with beiges, grays and the obvious black + white.
- Soft and pleasant tones are achieved when pastels are blended with grays that make for a duskier hue. Darker pastels work well for whole outfit, don’t overload your look with too much sweetness.
- Master the medium pastels by wearing two pastel items at once. Simply add a pastel accessory or bag if you’re feeling braver and brighter. If you aren’t quite sure though, in the case of pastels, less is definitely more.
- Go darker if you dare by pairing pastel garments with dark accessories. Black, in something like studded leather, toughens up the traditionally girlie pastels.
- Full on colorblocking with pastels is rarely a success, but a dashingly stunning when pulled off right. The danger of looking like the inside of the Easter Bunny’s basket might turn some off, but can turn style maven’s into the apple of everyone’s eye. Just remember, simple makeup is the key to this look, as you’ll have to give the pastel clothes their full glory for once.
- Special metals will be the ideal fashion statement for unique dressers and the most stylish trendsetters. Pastels look great with metallic hues, plenty of which will be available in the spring and summer collections. So go for gold in anything you like, and find the perfect cotton candy hues to make everyone stare.
HONOR pastels, photos courtesy of HONOR
REISS pastel print dress at reiss.com
Tiny Tim by John Bartlett
DEREK LAM fresh ss 12