fdmLOVES: 50 PHOTOs | five designers for CFDA
The New York Times has partnered with 5 fashion designers to delve into its legendary photo archive, which dates back to the late 1800s, and select images that convey elements of their aesthetic and style… a few fdm FAVEs from the selections of designers Diane Von Furstenberg, Vera Wang, Zac Posen, Prabal Gurung and Michelle Smith in support the CFDA*. The photographs are available online with a percentage of sales of the 50 photos benefitting the CFDA fund are available at The New York Times Store, starting at $169. FDM selection by brigitte segura.
1. from DIANE von FURSTENBERG selection: City Cabs Converge, 2007, Todd Heisler + Dancer in White, 2008, Sara Conrad + Blue Illusion, 2008, Andrea Mohin + Antic Meet, 2011, Andrea Mohin
2. VERA WANG selection includes Mannequin Army, 2009, Richard Perry + Art in Motion, 2011, Marilynn K. Yee and The Tents Come Down, 2010, Marilynn K. Yee.
3. ZAC POZEN: Tai Lake, 2007, Chang W. Lee + Moody Blue, 2010, Jim Wilson + Eagle Nebula, Hubble Space Telescope/ Nasa/Kinetikon Pictures
4. PRABAL GURUNG: Afterglow, 2008, Nicole Bengiveno + Ballet Slippers, 1992, Andrea Mohin
5. michelle smith [MILLY]: City Rainbow, 2008, Damon Winter + Chrome Kingdom, 2009, Richard Perry + Hold Me Tight, 1956, Alfred Wertheimer + A Unique Perspective, 2009, Tony Cenicola
*the Council of Fashion Designers of America is a not-for profit trade association that leads industry-wide initiatives and whose membership consists of more than 400 of America’s foremost fashion and accessory designers.
[all photos are from New York Times archive, CLICK images in GALLERY for details]
more info at NyStore.com/fiftyphotos