JEREMY SCOTT fw 12 beauty
fdmLOVES: BACKSTAGE from the JEREMY SCOTT runway fall 2012.. get The Look: Virtually Hair by Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director at Wella Professionals, who shares about Creating the Hair Look for the show AW 12-13 JEREMY SCOTT show
‘The hair look out of this world. The collection took inspiration from technology and the Virtual World, which translated into Eugene Souleiman transforming the models into Avatars of themselves. “I was inspired to create a hair look based around 3D, geometry and technology. I wanted the hair to look ‘hyper real’, almost surreal, like the hair you would have in a virtual world” I love working with Jeremy as his show is always so entertaining and it’s great to work without restriction to create a fantasy look that is rooted in art and technology. Today’s show allowed me to create a look without boundaries, that was both rooted in the past but incredibly futuristic” | FashionDailyMag : fashion + beauty + lifestyle in LUXchic..
Get the Look:
- Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
- The key to this look is the prep as this will anchor the style in place – so make sure that hair is dry and flat, then create three braids:-
- 1. Taking the middle section from the forehead to the crown and plait into a ‘corn row’ close to the head (make sure this is tight as this will anchor the look together)
2. Create two side pony tails just below the ear and braid each one then secure in place at the back of the head by layering them on top of each other and pin into place (this removes the hair and adds a bit of volume to the back of the head)
- Use Wella Professionals Stay Essential Hairspray while creating the braids, to keep hair in place and flat to the head.
- To create the ‘bob’ you will need four packs of acrylic hair in various colors.
- Take the first pack of hair and lay it vertically on the top of the head across the corn row allowing the hair to fall to the middle of the nose. Secure the hair to the corn row by tying tightly with elastic, threading the elastic through the corn row first to act as an anchor. Repeat the ties four times from the front of the head to the crown. Allow the hair at the back of the head to hang loose..
- Next take the three remaining packs of hair and one at a time lay them horizontally across the vertical hair piece, starting towards the front of the head and working towards the crown. Again, secure the hair pieces with elastic by threading the elastic through the existing hair and tying the new pieces of hair in place.
- Once all the hair is secure – cut the front section into a long fringe (bangs) and the remaining hair into a bob, ensuring that you emphasise the geometric aspect of the width of the bottom of the hair.
- Finally, spray with a small amount of Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray to add some shine and definition to the hair.