Sizzling and sinful. on a recent and glorious occasion earlier this week, I sat down with Edward Enninful to talk fashion x music x art. More precisely, The Seven Deadly Sins of Edward Enninful,..Not the typical sit down for me, and no less in a Presidential Suite at the Surrey uptown.
Before I talk and show you all that I’m bursting to share, here’s a tease of what it’s all about.
Presented by Beats by Dre, “The Seven Deadly Sins of Edward Enninful” the collaboration with SHOWstudio directed by Nick Knight, Celebrating 25 years of Fashion by Edward Enninful. Put on the headphones, and feel the beat… you’re about to go on an intensely visual journey celebrating creativity, collaborations, fashion, and art – perfectly accompanied with some hot + heavy music. From the likes of A$AP to Brodinski ft. Maluca & Bricc Baby Shitro, here’s what got my heart beating. My faves? Kate + the pinks. Lust + Gluttony. :).
Here’s a peek Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Karlie Kloss, Jourdan Dunn, Karen Olsen, MariaCarla Bosconi, Lara Stone, and Anna Ewers featuring fashion from Giambattista Valli Haute Couture, Alexander McQueen, Prada, Jean Paul Gaultier, Maison Margiela Artisanal by Galliano, Thierry Mugler Couture and Vetements.
“When Beats by Dre and Edward spoke to me about illustrating the Seven Deadly Sins, it was an exciting prospect – to marry my visual perspective with sound seemed so appropriate at a time when people are looking to believe in a totally new and modern sense; a belief free of dogma and the weight of the past but rather a belief in a future, where everyone is treated as equals, where there is no discrimination against anyone whatever there age, gender, ethnicity, class or faith.” – Nick Knight, SHOWstudio
WATCH: 7 sins celebrating Edward Enninful 25 commentary by Brigitte Segura. More fashionable hotness + my special chat with Edward Enninful coming soon.
- Clio Excellence in Commercial Styling Award (May 2015)
- British Fashion Awards Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator (December 2014)
- BRAG Business Achievement Award (October 2014)
- White House Fashion Education Workshop (October 2014)
- New York Urban League’s Frederick Douglass Medallion Award (May 2014)
- National Magazine Feature Photography Award 2013: “Good Kate, Bad Kate” by Steven Klein (May 2013)
- The Black Alumni of Pratt Celebration of the Creative Spirit Award (June 2012)
(above). Jourdan Dunn as “envy” in Mugler.
Most Iconic Moments in Fashion:
• Fashion Director of i-D Magazine in 1991 at the age of 18, making him the youngest ever Fashion Director for an international publication
• Styled his first advertising campaign with Calvin Klein at the age of 21 with photographer Craig McDean and art director Ronnie Newhouse featuring Kate Moss
• Awarded the New York Urban League’s Frederick Douglass Medallion Award in May 2014
• Awarded the British Fashion Awards Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator in December 2014, presented by Rhianna
• Consulted on numerous fashion shows throughout the years in New York, London, Milan and Paris, including: Fendi, Missoni, Mulberry, Comme Des Garçons, Sonia Rykiel, Céline, Giambattista Valli, Jil Sander and Rochas.