RED CARPET beauty at the MET GALA
BEAUTY on the RED CARPET: Abbie Cornish looked radiant at the Ball last night, celebrating Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations at the MET. looking gorgeous, the ‘Sucker Punch’ star was all smiles as she walked the red carpet, showing off an asymmetrical finger-waved updo created by celebrity stylist and Nexxus Creative Director Kevin Mancuso, who shares his inspiration and how to get the look with us..
“I wanted the look to be effortless, but constructed at the same time,” said Mancuso. “To soften Abbie’s updo, I created classic finger waves, then shook them out for an ethereal, romantic finish.”
Kevin Mancuso shares the steps to recreate the look at home:
PREP: Apply a generous amount of Nexxus ProMend Split End Binding Bodifying Mousse all over damp hair to bind damaged ends back together while creating texture and body.
· Blow dry hair, massaging mousse in at the roots to increase volume.
· Use a medium round brush to smooth small sections of hair into velcro rollers for more body. Let rollers cool to set the curl while you apply makeup.
· Remove rollers and apply a small amount of ProMend Split End Binding Smoothing Shine Serum throughout for healthy, luminous shine.
· Now use a small barrel curling iron to create waves in the front section of your hair.
· Back comb the rest of your hair and spray with Nexxus Comb Thru Touchable Finishing Mist for extra support and light hold.
· Pin sections of hair up, working around to the back of your head, gently twisting and pushing up for volume.
· Gently finger tease to give hair a slightly fluffy, fuzzy finish.
FINISH: Spray hair with Nexxus Maxxium Superior Hold Finishing Mist to ensure the style stays put all night.
more on the MET’s Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations.
more fdmLOVES at MET GALA