MARCHESA spring 2013 bridal BEAUTY
get the BEAUTY LOOK: For the Marchesa Bridal Spring 2013 Runway Show, Talia Shobrook, lead makeup artist for the show, was inspired by the fashionable and fresh Marchesa bride-to-be. The makeup look she created was whimsical and effervescent, using LAURA MERCIER make-up. selecting a palette of warm and diffused colours, she was able to develop the natural flush that people love for brides, evoking a woman that is both innocent and sensual. TALIA shares with us how to get the LOOK step by step..
FACE: flawless skin with a fresh and dewy finish was the foundation of the look:
· First, Talia mixed Laura Mercier Mega-Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance to add a subtle glow to the skin.
· She then covered under eye circles with Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and covered any spots or redness with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation to the face. Lastly, using Invisible Loose Setting Powder in the T-zone, for control shine, leaving the rest of the skin dewy and fresh.
EYES: we chose to highlight the eye, to add to the allure that a bride’s sparkling eyes have on her wedding day…
· First, Talia mixed Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colours Stellar and Primrose and applied them on the lid from lashline to the crease. Next, she softly contoured the crease with Matte Eye Colour in Fresco.
· Using Baked Eye Colour in Ballet Pink, she dipped a LM Eye Liner Brush into water and swirled around the Eye Colour to pick up the product, then drew a line across the lashline, with a slight flick at the outer corner. The eyeliner should be thin, and bright.On the lower lashline, she used a Flat Eye Liner Brush to apply Matte Eye Colour in Truffle just at the lashline and blended slightly to soften.
· Lastly, she finished with a layer of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara + another layer of Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara to the lashes in the center of the eye.
LIPS & CHEEKS: By using the same product on the eyes and lips, we allow the fresh-faced bride to only have to carry one product for touch-ups. The creamy formula adds a lovely natural flush to the face…
· On the cheeks, Talia applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Mango (NEW, launching September 2012) to the apples of the cheeks and blended to give a natural flush in the face… finishing the look with MANGO on the lips too.