HAIR TRENDS: modern ponytail at JIL SANDER for spring 2013 Milan
GET the LOOK now: a serene modern sensibility with hair styled in a low ponytail at JIL SANDER for spring 2013. For the first Jil Sander womenswear collection in 8 years shown on the Milan catwalk, Redken Creative Consultant Guido shares with us step by step how to achieve this pristine timeless look anytime, there’s no need to wait until spring.
“Its hard to wear hair this straight down sometimes, but with this pony it becomes more of a look. And this pony’s a bit more styled than your usual tight low pony, as dropping the elastic down gives it more softness and a different feel. It’s also fun to see super straight hair in a way that sort of makes it new again.”
Create the Look:
• Apply satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair and blow-dry straight one section at a time.
• Create a clean center part.
• Flat iron hair until stick straight.
• Gather hair at the nape of the neck (covering ears) and secure tightly with elastic, then slide elastic down the hair about an inch.
• Apply shine flash 02 glistening mist for a light all-over shine.
Redken Products Used:
• satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion
• shine flash 02 glistening mist
photos: courtesy of Redken