HAIR TRENDS: ALOHA beauty at MARA HOFFMAN spring 2013
an ALOHA journey from MARA HOFFMAN for Spring 2013, and we are on for the ride ! The Lincoln Center Stage was taken to the beaches of Hawaii thanks to the pretty beauty complimenting the looks. From the Hawaiian spirit to the meaning of peace within the greeting as a guide, the Actual leaf bracelets + floral hair pieces from Taylor Patterson for Foxfodder Farms gave us a sunny disposition. The runway was refreshed as the bright orange played with the deep green leaves through the hair pieces as the models glided down the runway.
The Nails and makeup were created by Charlotte Willer and Honey for Maybelline, hair by Thomas Dunkin for Sebastian Professional, all coming together for the ALOHA tropical feel. Effortless waves were shaped with micro crimpers+ Sebastian Professional Shine Crafter, giving a glowing, textured look perfect for for a seaside breeze. Here’s how to GET the Look [below image gallery]
1. Start with damp hair and apply [Sebastian Professional Thickefy Foam] throughout. Blow dry the hair with a large round brush.
2. Starting from the under layer of the hair and working outwards, micro crimp small (2″) sections of the hair.
3. Backcomb and gently tease the hair to build more body and texture. Lightly spritz hair with Professional Shaper Fierce Hairspray to create flexible hold.
4. Select random pieces around the head and use various sized curling irons to create different effects and textures throughout.
5. Create a deep part at the front of the head and side sweep the hair flat across the top of the head. Use Professional Shine Crafter Wax to create a smooth, sleek look that holds the part in place. Written by Mary Anderson.
Info: Runway photos by Randy Brooke, Backstage Beauty photos by Benjamin Lozovsky | BFA